|Title||Interior of Palm House in the Greenhouse Complex ca 1902|
Palm House was the largest of the glass houses at Compton. The Palm house contained a waterlily pond surrounded by container grown orchids, caladium, palms, and a vines across the glass roof. The footprint of pond is no longer visible since road grading above the fernery.
The Palm House, Rose House and the Carnation House no longer exist after they were removed in 1941 due to structural deterioration. Only the Fernery remains.
|Object Name||Print, Photographic|
|PLACE IN THE GARDEN||Greenhouses|
|Year Range from||1900.0|
|Year Range to||1910.0|
|Number of images||1.0|