Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Title Orange Balustrade after 1992
CATALOG NUMBER 2010.16.24
Description Orange Balustrade was named for the orange terra cotta building material of the balustrade. It was restored in 1992 and 2010.

The balustrade and summer house was designed by John and planted by his head gardener Frank Gould from Wellsley, MA.

Built before 1900, it provided an Italian Villa garden-like entrance into the gardens directly from the mansion. Note the arch on the summer house.
Object Name Transparency, Slide
PLACE IN THE GARDEN Orange Balustrade
Number of images 1.0