Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Title Men and Wagons in Front of Cleaver Mill
CATALOG NUMBER 2010.3.7
Description Men and wagons in front of Cleaver Mill. Accompanying text from a chapter entitled "Sketches of Springfield Township" (title of book unknown), states that in 1713 a grist mill was built by Edward Farmer on land originally part of Springfield Township's panhandle, but now part of Whitemarsh Township. The land passed from Farmer to Jonathan Robeson and then to William Dewees, Jr. An adjoining tract belonged to Henry Dewees, who had a paper mill on this site before the mill was built in the bend of Wissahickon Creek (that was Springfield Mills). The tract of land was owned by Henry Snyder, but operated by the Rex family.
Object Name Print, Photographic
PLACE IN THE GARDEN Bloomfield Farm
Number of images 1.0