|Title||Orange Balustrade 1933|
View of Orange Balustrade and Summer House. The wooden bridge can be seen as well as the Stream leading down to the Rock Waterfall. On the center path axis is the Sundial and the Marble Fountain in the foreground.
Notes: The Orange Balustrade was constructed around 1899 in the style of the Italian Villa Gardens.
The fountain was moved to the formal Rose Garden around the middle of the 20th century and returned to the garden in front of the Orange Balustrade in the 1990's during the restoration of the Orange Balustrade and the creation of the Pennock Flower Walk.
Plants included in picture:
M678 Viburnum prunifolium
M1180 Syringa reticulata (formerly Syringa japonica and Syringa amurensis japonica)
M1183 Styrax japonica
M1187 Styrax japonica
M1240 Spirea thunbergia
Also noted on picture Ophiopogon and Calluna vulgaris; M numbers unknown
|Object Name||Print, Photographic|
|PLACE IN THE GARDEN||Orange Balustrade/Plants|
|Year Range from||1930|
|Year Range to||1940|
|Number of images||1|