Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Title Compton Mansion from Rose Garden 1937
CATALOG NUMBER 1987.1.1
Description Compton mansion with glass porch in the background in the spring of 1937. In the foreground is Lydia"s seat and Rock Wall.

Notes: Compton architect: Theophilus P. Chandler, Jr. Mansion constructed in 1888. Demolished in 1968. Rock wall constructed in 1924.

Notes cont'd: Photo is a copy of 2004.1.10N. Made for the photographic exhibition celebrating the Morris Arboretum's first 100 years: "From Victorian Estate to University Arboretum, 1887-1987." Displayed at Visitors Center until 1988.
Object Name Print, Photographic
PLACE IN THE GARDEN Compton/Rose Garden
Date Spring 1937
Year Range from 1930.0
Year Range to 1940.0
Number of images 2.0
Neg # 1987.1.1N