|Title||Articles on Cedar Grove Relocation, HABS, Fairmont Park|
|Object Name||File, Document|
|Scope & Content||
"'Cedar Grove', the Coates-Paschal-Morris House", pp. 543-45, "The Morris Family" (Sixth Generation) by Rev. Robert Moon.
Excerpt from "Cedar Grove: Summer Home of Lydia and John Morris Before Compton", by Marian W. Rivinus.
Excerpt from "Fairmount Park: A Map and Guide to Its Various Treasures" (Fairmount Park Commission, Phila. 1979)
Letter dated March 30, 1926, from Lydia Morris to the Fairmount Park Commissioners, offering to give Cedar Grove to the City of Philadelphia.
Excerpt from "Philadelphia Preserved: Catalog of the Historic American Buildings Survey", pp. 228-29, by Richard Webster (Temple University Press, Phila. 1976). HABS
Excerpt from "Fairmount Park: A History and a Guidebook: World's Largest Landscaped Municipal Park", the Official Directory of the Fairmount Park Commission, pp. 82-85, by Esther M. Klein, Harcum Junior College Press (Bryn Mawr, PA 1974).
Miscellaneous handwritten notes.
Cedar Grove was John and Lydia's summer home from their childhood until they built Compton. It was originally located in the Harrowgate section of Philadelphia (Frankford). After John's death, Lydia gave Cedar Grove to the City of Philadelphia and paid for it to be deconstructed, moved and reconstructed in Fairmount Park.
Cedar Grove is administered by the Philadelphia Museum of Art. For more information go to http://www.philamuseum.org/parkhouses, or http://parkcharms.com/cedar-grove.
|Link External||See also|
|Link Internal||Learn more|